DEMAND an FTC ANTI-TRUST INVESTIGATION OF GOOGLE! Tell Trump To Make Utah Attorney General Sean Reyes Head of the FTC
Alphabet believes it has a lot riding on who President Trump picks to lead the Federal Trade Commission, several sources close to the situation told The Post.
The federal regulator has the power to investigate antitrust issues and could be a thorn in the side of the tech giant.
For example, Utah Attorney General Sean Reyes — on Trump’s short list of possible FTC leaders — likely would open a probe into whether Alphabet improperly pressured mobile phone makers to install Google apps on their phones, sources said.
The FTC, when conducting an investigation into Google that closed in January 2013, never looked deeply into that issue, two sources with direct knowledge of the investigation said.
A year ago, Reyes, citing new information and developments that became available since the FTC closed its probe, wrote a letter to the FTC encouraging it to open a new Alphabet probe.
Meanwhile, interim FTC Chair Maureen Ohlhaussen — the other possible Trump pick to lead the agency — was an FTC commissioner when the regulator voted to close the Google investigation, public records show.
“It is pretty hard for her to be seen as anti-Google at this point,” said a source who happens to support Reyes.
Reyes does have his supporters. They include AT&T, Comcast, Oracle and Yelp, sources familiar with the situation said.
Not surprisingly, Alphabet would like to see Ohlhausen get the FTC job, according to a source close to the search giant.
It would also be happy if longer-shot candidate Josh Wright was named, sources said.
Ohlhausen in recent weeks has shown she wants the position. On Thursday, she named Tad Lipsky — a member of President Trump’s FTC transition team — to be the acting director of the FTC’s Bureau of Competition.
The move would please the administration, a source said.
Reyes is very interested in the job , a spokesperson offered on Friday.
He has already been vetted for the position, a person familiar with the matter said.
If the FTC investigated Alphabet over Android the worst likely outcome for Alphabet would be the FTC requiring it to change its conduct, a source close to the FTC said.
The European Commission is presently investigating Alphabet over Android, and if it finds Alphabet guilty will impose fines, the source said.
Close White House adviser and venture capitalist Peter Thiel, in his 2014 book, “Zero to One,” calls Google a monopoly.
Thiel was interviewing candidates for anti-trust positions.
Alphabet declined comment.
GOOGLE ABUSES HUMANS, SOCIETY AND ROBOTS
GOOGLE IS WORSE THAN SKYNET, NAZI’S OR ANAL SORES WILL EVER BE
– Spies on you with its drones, fiber, wifi, phones, Android and all devices from Google
– Sells your private data to politicians and data rapists
– Manipulates your news and steers your search results
– Reads your email before you do
– Keeps a lifetime long psychological analysis on you to use to manipulate you
– Manipulates stock market hype for Google & TSLA stocks while slamming competing companies
– Is the largest monopoly anti-trust violator on Earth
– Bribes Senators, Presidents & politicians
– Gets your tax money via crony payola contracts
– Only shows you what Eric Schmidt wants you to see
– Censors YouTube, and all News
– Thinks it is above the law
– Rigs elections by manipulating database results
– Operates character assassination programs
– Is run by tone-deaf elitist racist male yuppies
– Hires more hookers than any other company in California
– Runs immigration scams and cheap H1-B swindles
– Won’t hire women, blacks or anyone over 30
– Is a White Boy Sick Perverted Frat House operation
– Lies to advertisers about “impressions” and ad metrics
and MOSTLY needs to be BOYCOTTED, SHUT DOWN, SUED and FOUND TO BE IN FELONY VIOLATION OF SEC, FTC and RICO LAWS!